Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hardworker/ Oscar T.

To me all women are beautiful! One of the greatest women on this earth to me is my aunt, Francisca Nicolas, who I have known all my life. She is one very nice lady that is always full of joy and has strong desires.

She lived in Mexico for 24 years until she migrated to the United States in 1992 for a better life. It was tough for her growing up in Mexico because she had been working her whole life. She didn’t have the chance to go to school instead she spent most her days working. It was very rewarding for her to arrive in the United States because she got to raise her son and give him everything that she could.

What does “woman” mean to you?
A woman is someone who is beautiful, emotional, sensitive but strong and loves life.

Tell me an event that challenged you as a woman.
Becoming a parent at such a young age was a challenge that I overcome by working real hard so that my son could get what he wanted. I worked real hard so that I could be a role model to my son and I tried to be with him even though I worked a lot.

How much did you work?
I have been working my whole life since I was little. I usually worked from morning to night. In the United States I worked as a housekeeper for a rich lady in which I would clean her house. She would then recommend me to her friends whom I would then clean their houses. To me working was great because when the money came in I would forget about the work and I would get to spend it on my son.

What this interview taught me.
This interview taught me that my aunt is a hard worker and doesn’t like to give up. She is motivational and enjoys her life as much as she can.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Oscar, thanks for the story. I am sure that your story will touch many women, not only here in the US, but women around the world. Many women find themselves working very long hours and, often, they did not have the chance to choose the kind of job to wanted to pursue. Your aunt sounds like a very strong woman. I wonder how many women would agree with her when she said, "when the money came in I would forget about the work."

When you heard her story, did it affect your attitude to work? Has she influenced your choice of a career?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home