Tuesday, April 24, 2007

MY MOM/M FLORES


Martha Flores
English 70
April 17, 2007
Oral History
My Mom.

Juana Flores "yeah up" that's my mom the one that gave me eighteen years full of life and wonderful memories. So she is forty four years old was born is Aguascalientes, Mexico . She is the prime person in my family because not only did she have to raise ten kids but had her first child at the age of seventeen.My mom is the most important person in my life because not only am I thankful for every thing she has given me but how she came up from a family of sixteen. When she was young she had to work to help put my grand mother, she was only twelve years old when she began working. But her job wasnt anything bad just to go door to door or stand in the "plaza" and sell seeds as well as other things such as fruits. She than meet my dad Andres Flores they met because of my mom's sister Rosa at a party where not only did they both found some one that they would marry with out knowing what was going to happened next. So this is my mother's history and how I came to be here.

Getting married was the change in my life, because I got married at an early age of seventeen. At age forty-four, that where I stand now, I was born in Aguascalientes Mexico . Where my sister Rosa and I went to a dance where I found the man I am married with now (lots of humor). I then dated him for two months and then got married a month later I got pregnant with my first child. Than a year and a half later we had my second child. By the time I was thirty-seven I had my tenth child. So twelve years ago I had to make the biggest change in my life in the year 1994 I had to move to California to work. So I could support my family back home. After the first year that I had moved here I then brought my seven children to California . After a year of stay I had a daughter, then a year and a half later I had another boy and up till this point I have six girls and four boys. So I have been married for twenty seven years and have ten kids. As well as five grand children, tree boys and two girls. Four of my kids are married and tree have a family of their own .

What does being a woman mean to you? To become responsible at an early age with out no recipe and not knowing what to do with what life throws at you. As well as to add the final touch, to everything. Because woman like to be perfectionist (my older sister cut in) woman like coke. As well as woman are very tolerant and guide people thought out life problems, struggles. (my older sister cut in) Woman like baby's as well as to take care of people they love having someone around.

Living here in California for twelve years has changed my life. I have ten wonderful children with five grand children. I have a wonderful marriage that has lasted twenty seven years of wonderful adventures. Even though both of my parents have passed away but go has given me five grandchildren (laughing but full of sorrow).

I have learned that having a big family is very chalenging and that life is not easy as it was not easy for my mom to raise ten kids all in twentysix years. But even though everyone is close to each other we all have or problems and we all get along we.Coming from a big family I made a big decision, that I dont want any children of my own because even though I have a big family their's always some one that we could adopt and help them to have a family. Even though my mom raise all of us we have learned what it means to work hard and become some one in this life so we wont suffer as much as she suffer with us.

6 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger ~sandy~ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger ~sandy~ said...

~Hello Martha~
I beat it was hard for your mother to raise 10 kids, you have such a strong mother.
~Sandra~

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Martha, what an amazing story and what a incredibly strong woman! My mum had seven girls and I thought she was amazing, but your mother had ten children and she still sounds full of energy. What is also incredible is that she left one country and came to another to work and then she brought her children. How did she do it?

I have many questions for her. When did she sleep? Did anything ever happen to one of the children that scared her and challenged her as a mother?

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger liz luna said...

Martha you look so cute in your in your pic!Your mom is great and super mom for riseing 10 kids
liz

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger sweet narcy said...

Hello Martha!

I like your moms story it was very inspiring.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Yushi said...

I was really amazing because your mother raised 10 children! I can imagine how mush she felt tired. So, I agreed it was really challenging for her. I really appreciate your mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home