Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Mother Cheryl/Christian Mora

The woman who I interview is my mother Cheryl. My mother is an important person in my life because she always showed me right from wrong. I interviewed my superior teacher so I can visualize a better picture of her. We have a strong relationship because we are always talking about new news in the family and in the world today. We compliment each other whenever it deals with work or tests. For instance, she just finished a children's poem book and she is waiting for it to be published. I am blown away of my sweet mother's achievements in her life. I am proud to be her son.

The first question I asked my mother, "What does a woman mean to you?" She responded, " She's one big wonderful receipe and her main ingredient is the spiritual base. Her faith in God, the core of her being, the core of who I am from right or wrong base. This would guide her through the journey of life. The other wonderful qualities is that woman possesses is honest, love, kindness, gratitude, nurturing, forgiveness, sense of humor and patience. Love is most important." I was amazed by what my mother said about a woman because she described herself! I knew my mom was spiritual but I can see why she mentioned the journey of life. Every woman goes to a journey in life and she wants to become an author.

The second question I ask my faithful mother was, "What one event that was a challenging to you (her) as a woman?" She responded, " going through a divorce and beign a single parent." My father had an affair and it was very hard on my mother and the family. She sacrificed a lot for us children. I realized the sacrifices when I attended my first year in college. One of the sacrifices my mother showed was not bringing strange men around the house when I was the age of seven through seventeen years old. I realize that would confuse me and my siblings when growing up. She did a lot of strict punishes to make my twin brother and I learn the hard way! She is happly remarried about seven years now and lives in Sacramento California.

I have a successful relationship with my mother Cheryl. My mother is an important person and we have a lot of history together. She raised me and my two siblings. My brother and sister weren't helpful at times and she had a lot on her plate. I have to give her credit for raising three children. She raised us as a family. My father was around and we visited him on weekends. I look back at my childhood and realize how special my mother is. I have a important relationship with my mother because she always showed me guidance, love and laughter.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Christian, I loved the way you said you have a "successful" relationship with your mother. What a great word to use. I think I felt the same way about my relationship with my mother. Your mother faced a heartbreaking challenge, but it sounds as if she had a lot of support from you. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure your mother is proud of you. Reading your story made me wonder if you had a sister and if she was older or younger than you, do you?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger liz luna said...

cristian, I love your story with your mother its very touching,you have a wonderful relationship with your mother.
liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home