Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Day With Mom/Eluna

I chose my mom one day for an interview and spent the day together outside while she hung cloth on a linen pin. Me and my mom share a very close relationship,about 3 years ago she had a bypass. After that incident I felt more close her. I was close before, but even more after she suffered a heart attack. I asked her what does women hood mean her? becoming a mother and had have experience and learn as you get older you become wiser.

As er una madre y cada qua de ves crescendo asta adulto vas a accomolando mas experencia y mas alerta, y experta

what challenge you as a women? My surgery I had bypass it was hard I thought I was never going to be the same again.

Mi operacion de mi corazon, se me iso muy difficil no puedia crear que iba a quedar bein.

Now though look at me I go shopping I go to church and walk on the treadmill everyday for 30min. I feel good. I felt all my children gave me encouragement and support and that's why I gave it my all to keep on going.

Ahora mira a mi, me voy de compras voy a misa ago exercio todos los dias 30min al dia. Me siento muy bien. Y es mis hijos me deron animo y muchas ayudas que por eso que le eche muchas ganas.

My mom was a mother at age 14 she never really had a child hood. she was the only child had half a brother,but she enjoy living in a small village with lots of green plants and flowers. She lived by a small river and used to wash cloth there, on a rock. She had 6 children in Mexico and then migrated to the USA in 1964. She had 2 more children and started working in a diaper factory for 25 years. She became a US citizen in 1987. She has 17 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren. After her surgery she appreciates life more and enjoys her life with all her children. She now is retired and lives at home and is very much happy with her birds

Narrative Essay:
What does womenhood mean? As a child I was always independent and mature for my age. At the age of 15 I got a job after school working two hours,three days a week. I was very excited about having a job I felt important. I was not old enough to have a bank account, but my mom helped me to save my money untill i was 18 years old. I always work hard at any job I had I had al lot of promotions being offered to me. As I became more mature I always face new challages at work I wanted to be on top and known, becuase I took pride in every job I had. There always seem to be obsticles in my life that will slow my career down al lot.

What challenge did I had to face? Coming back to school a bit older, being away from school for a long time and getting back to study habits was a bit to hard for me. But I saw many women go back to school with children, and a household working too. So I diced to go back and give it a chance. Now Iam closer to my career the I had at least expected and never thought it would be possible. That tought me that women can multitask better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home