Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Woman experience/BLara

“Woman experience and what does it mean for them to be a woman”

1. Who I am going to Interview?

The woman I am going to Interview is a strong woman, a woman that has gone through a lot and was on her own with no parent support or parents to tell her what was good and separate it from the bad.

Her name is Lourdes Martinez a woman that I admire a lot and a person whom I have learned a lot from. She is my sister! She is 21 years old going on 22 on the 28th of April. She has been by my side ever since I was born. She is a woman with a short temper, yet at some times when you need her help she is always there to help you and have the patience to listen to you all the way. In a sense you can say that she is an understanding person. My sister was raised by her grandparents, brought to the United States to be with her Mom, and her step Dad. She has been in living hell with her parents because parents never understood her or knew how she was in the first place.

2. What does it mean to be a woman?

To her being a woman is something beautiful and she is proud of being a Latina woman. Being a woman is always hard she says only because we are living in a society where men are superior. Being a woman is a great thing because you know you have the power of giving life to a baby, you have the power to keep life existing on this world, and you know you have the power to be equal to men even though most of them put you down. She is grateful that she was born a woman. She says that being a woman is mostly responsibility that you are supposed to have, self respect, and determination on wanting something in life. If you have those things you will make a very intelligent, and you will be a respected woman on this world.

3. What is a challenge in your life?

The biggest challenge that I had in life was becoming a single mother at an early age, and no support from my parents. I was basically on my own and my step Dad hated me for what had happened to me. I was 14 years old going on 15 when I got pregnant. I suffered a lot during that time; my parents treated me like shit and always made me feel down. There was a time where I was thinking about suicide, but thanks to my baby I kept on going and I knew I was going to get out of this. When I was about to have my baby my mom and my dad started acting like if they never had done anything to me like if they were perfect parents. It hurt me a lot that they always did that. They forget about the mistakes that they did and act like if it had never happened. After I had my baby girl, I saw her and she was a total replicate of me. She was so beautiful and she gave me the strength to keep on going in life. After that I knew I didn’t want my child to be treated bad like I did so I moved out at the age of 17 and my life became harder, but I was happier then ever.



ESSAY: What the word man means to me
The word man to me it means destruction, power, corruption and sexist. The reason man means destruction is because men are destroying nature, and are destroying the whole world just because of power. That’s when power comes in mind because men don’t know when to stop when they get something they just want more and more. I think about corruption when the word men comes to mind, because men are just greedy and they think they are the biggest thing in the world, for example the leaders of our present time and in the past they all fell because of corruption. The word “Sexist” comes to mind for the reason that men think they are in power of woman, they think we are better than them and that we are suppose to be on top of them just because of our egos. Some men do understand this, and try to make it as balance as we can but it is still hard at some points.

A challenge that I have gone through as a man, is that ever since I was little my dad and mom were always pushing me because I was the oldest man of a family of an older sister and a younger brother. It was hard for me because any little mistake in the house everything would become my fault and I would get punish for everything. I was never able to make my parents proud until 3 weeks after I left my house. It was so hard for me, I always did my best and even though teachers, friends, other family members said that they were proud of me and that my parents should be lucky and honor of having a good son like me. I never heard it from my parents, so I never put attention to them and appreciated the compliment. I know that coming from a dad that is kind of sexist in away he expects a lot from me but it sucks that they always put you down in any little thing you do.

I’m glad I talked about this subject because I have seen how much I have changed and I have seen how much I should appreciate many things. Sometimes life is unfair but we have put up with it. Like they say you can’t always be happy, but you can’t always be sad either. I know that all I have gone through was meant for a reason, and also it has showed me a lot of how not to be in the future.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Bayron, I think both of your contributions are powerful. You did a very good job expressing yourself in the essay.

When I read the oral history you did with your sister, I immediately understood why you admire her so much. She was very brave to move out on her own. Of course, you know it reminds me of The Alchemist and the movie, Monsieur Abrahim. She made a decision and it made her happy.

You are also a very strong young man. And, it hurt me that you had such a hard time being accepted and respected by your family.

I can tell you are a dedicated and hard working young man. I know you will do great things:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home