Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Mother / by Yuzhu Lu

From the left way, the second one is
my mother. I don't have her own picture right now,
so it is from her work hospital. My Mother

In my mind my mother is not just beautiful and smart woman. She is a great mother. I am so happy to being her daughter. She gives me a lot of space let me feel freedom. She did not have many rules. She is a very kind person. When I had some ideas or problem I always tell to her, she can makes me clearly what I should do. We have more friend ship than relative ship, just like friends or sisters. I spent much more time with her than my father. And she saw me growing up. She is not just a good mother also is a good teacher; teach me how to be a person. Her personality is easy- going and she always smile. She is a dentist, also is a wife and a mother. In every area she is doing well. She is a independent woman. She does not want be control by man. She wants me to study a lot, not just from inside the book, every area I want, and get more experiences. It will be my wealth in my life. One day I could use it.
在我的眼中,母亲是伟大的。她们给予我们生命,并给予我们爱和温暖。我的妈妈就是这样一个伟大的母亲。我非常庆幸成了她的女儿。从小到大,我都是在一个宽松的家庭环境下长大的。说起我们的关系是母女但更像姐妹,有时我觉得妈妈比我还热衷时尚。而且她不会给我很大的束缚和压力,只是希望我能开心地去生活。我要说她是一个很懂得享受的女人,也是一个很有思想的女人。在遇到不愉快时,她总是用笑容冲淡一些。我的妈妈是牙科医生,她是很有责任感的人,她会认真地对待她的每一个患者。但当她脱下白大褂后,她要扮演起母亲和妻子的角色。我觉得她很厉害。我的爸爸都会佩服她。“学习不仅是学习书本上的知识,其实是方方面面的。”她总会这样跟我说。她希望我能多看看外面的世界,拓宽自己的视野。


I asked her: “What does woman mean to you?”
我曾经问她, “你觉得作为女人的意义是什么?


She said: “As a woman family is important for me. I have happiness family, a lovely daughter and good husband. We all love each others. In my opinion, health is the first important thing for the life. So I just hope all the members of my family can be healthy. That is enough. And also I have a nice job; I can make more valuables for society.”
她说:“因为有个幸福的家庭,这也就足够了。而且我还有工作,能实现自己的价值。我觉得我很幸福。”

When I asked her “What event that challenged you?” She said, “When I had you-my daughter. You know your mother is a person that doing everything wants to be the best. Not only was being a student in school also when I got a job. At that time, I worked in hospital not a long time and at night I went to night school to study. I hope my job would do well and I was working hard. My ability was be proved by other leader. I had chance to promote. So I was still working even though I knew I was pregnant you. And that time I did not tell all my colleagues till they saw my belly is bigger. But when I had you, my mind changes a lot. I know family is the first important thing to me, because I am your mother.”
我问她:“ 有什么事情让你很难忘的?” 她说:“当我有了孩子以后,我的转变挺大的。你也知道我是一个做每件事都会尽我所能去做的人。不管是在我读书的时候还是参加了工作,我都是在尽我所能做到最好。当时白天我要上班,下班后又要去上进修课。我那时很受领导的赏识,很快就会得到职位上的晋升。我不想耽误工作,怀孕我也没有和同志和领导说。但是当我有了你以后,我把我的工作重心都移到了你身上。我知道你对我比其他的事情更重要。从那后我的思想也有了很大的转变,变得现实了很多,知道对女人来说家庭是不可缺少的一部分。

I heard that to born me also was a painful experience. She said:“I am so difficult to born you, because of your position of fetus was not correct. So I was doing Cesarean birth. In that moment it was so painful that I’d ever forget. After I had a child, I changed a lot, I was being reality. I knew I am a child’s mother, I understand take care of you is the first important.” I can see the scar left by knife cut on my mother’s abdomen. It is a mark by me. But she still thanks God to give her a child.
   我的很痛苦的经历就是在我生你的时候,真是很辛苦。因为你的胎位不正,所以要做刨腹产手术。” 我问她:“是不是很疼?” 她说,“因为当时扎了麻药,所以没有什么感觉。但过后,因为麻药过了劲儿,就疼了好几天。” 直到现在那个在她肚子上的疤痕还清晰可见,这也是她身上唯一的疤痕,却是因为我。因为我她放弃了很多东西,所以我觉得很对不起她。但是妈妈却说很值得。

“Now I am 49 years old. I do not think I am old. In my live, everyday can be wonderful. Shopping is my favors things now, I am enjoying it. When I looked back my life, I know I should make myself happy. I think I am a lucky woman. That is all.”
“虽然现在我已经49岁了,但是我不觉得我老了,我会去享受每一天,做我喜欢做的事,只要想做是永远不会晚的。作为一个女人更是如此。善待自己,享受生活。 ”她说到。
After the interview, I think a lot. I know being a woman should independent. I will enjoying my life.
结束了交谈,我想了很多。我知道作为一个女人应该学会独立,而且我会学着珍惜现在,享受我的人生。

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Yuzhu, first let me say that I love seeing your language under the English. Also, having them in different colors highlights the beauty.

Your mother is my age and I smiled when I read her story because I could see myself in her. She was a little scared about losing her career. All mothers same something similar and then they feel the love of motherhood and they realize that the child has the first priority.

It is lovely that you've found a friend in your mother. My mother and I were friends too. My mother always seemed young to me. Does your mother feel much younger than 49? I am curious too. Does she play any sport?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home