Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Strength Of A Woman/ CPlowman


How do you define the word woman?

A woman is the back bone of our society. She may not be president or building skyscrapers but she is building the future generation. She molds and shapes the tone of our society by her strong influence. A woman has a calming peaceful effect that reduces violence. She is patient and consistent. She often takes on tasks that men can't or wont do. Woman often don't need the attention or praise that men do. I feel that to be a woman is to be strong.

Tell me about an event that challenged you as a woman?

I suppose the most difficult event that I ever endured was my divorce. The emotions of anger and jealousy can be over whelming and can consume all the good times of your life. I became determined to not let these emotions take hold of me but rather to look at the future as full of possibilities. It would have been easy to lose my self-worth as a woman but I strove to be more confident.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Hi Cheryl, I found your oral history interview very interesting. I think I agree with her, but I have one question for her. Why does she believe that women are more non-violent than men?

I also agree that the emotions of divorce are very consuming. How did she handle those emotions without letting them damage her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home