Monday, March 03, 2008

A believing woman


“God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley I'm not afraid when you walk by my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.”(Psalm 23).

Introduction:

As I did this interview, I found out many things about this amazing and loveing woman i have in my life. Her name is Rebecca Menchaca, and she is my mother. All her life she has worked so hard and always had one shot to prove herself.There were so many obstacles in her life she had to over come and to conquer the women she always wanted to successfully be. In the following questions I asked, I saw the happiness she got in he face that she was so humble about the accomplishments and the hardship she went through. As telling me about her experiences being women of color and had to work twice as hard as others.She never gave up and kept pushing herself to do better in every part of her life. There are so many reasons I picked Rebecca, my mother, for a couple of main reasons. she has always had this relationship with god I look up to. Also, for being the youngest child in her family,as am i.It seem she had to always prove herself and over come obstacles that where stereotypical.

Questions: Recorded 3/15/08
Q: Could you tell me something about yourself, who you are?

A:. Am Rebecca Lee. Menchaca,i love to cook and care for others. I also have three amazing children I love and do as much as I can for them.

Q:How was is growing up in your family?

A: My Parents were very strict, I went to school came home and did homework and then we ate dinner as a family. Though they were very strict we had so much love that most people in a life time don’t have.

Q:What do you think is your flaws in the work force?

A: Being to nice and not having as much education as other I work with..

Q: As being a women, what are some problem are you faced with sometimes?

A: People may not take me series in my family because of being the youngest. Also sometimes with the people who are against what I believe in can be hard too. That when being the ethnicity that I am, some do not think I am capable of doing some acts.

Q:As a working women, have you had any bad times in the work force as being a women?

A: Yes, as being the women and in my job potion I have had some client not wanting to work with me because of what I look like and my gender.

Q:Tell me about your job and how you got there?

A: When getting my job as a case worker for the mental illness in the county. I only had a 3 year degree from SBCC.I first was a tech at Santa Barbra cottage hospital and work with dcutreas during the pregnancy. Most people I worked with had their bachelors and had more calefaction then I had. But something i brought to this job they liked. I truly care for all the people I come to encounter with.

Q:How did you get treated when you were a kid?

A:When being the youngest girl in my family, I was the one that just did everything love my family so much so I did as much as I can to help them. I sometimes got pushed around because I would never say anything.

Q: What is your filling about being a mother?

A: As a mother I became to see that having children was something that meant very much to me. When it comes to my kids, if someone hurts them or make them fill bad about themselves, I would be there for them always. Sometimes I fill that I can care to much, but I don’t think you can never care to much about who you love.

Conclusion:
As getting all this information about this woman I thought I knew so well. I was so happy to hear all she went through and how she accomplished so many life experiences. Having so many barriers in her life and has dreams to follow, she has always worked hard. As over coming issues and people bringing her down. It seems she just went through it and never gave up. This woman is a woman I truly look up to .Yes, she is not on magazines or in history books, but she did make a different in her own life and in her city and lastly on me, her daughter.

7 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

The first thought that popped up in my brain when I finished your interview was that your interview was well-organized. Good introduction; it clearly delivered the appropriate reason that you chose your mother as an interviewee. You did not forget to point out some questions in body.
The conclusion was also a kind of impeccable; it summed up the whole interview well. It also seems that the author kept recognizing the main points and did not miss them throughout her interview.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger huiwang123 said...

when i finished reading your interview, i just am glad that you have a believe mother. in your interview, you have good introduction and well organization. so you did good job.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Heitor Oliveira said...

You and your mother seem to have a really good relationship! It is crazy when your mother said on the interview that she got some problems in her job for be a woman.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger charlesribywilliams said...

I love it how your mom cares so much for you. Its sweet that she got a 3 year degree at SBCC. im glad that you learned new stuff about your mothers background. She seems like a really nice loving woman, and she loves to cook for people too haha.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Nanako said...

I envy you because you have such a great mother who is always staying beside you. I can't talk to my mother anytime I want because she is in Japan, but your interview let me realize how much my mother means to me.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

I learned a lot about about your mother. She seems to have a good personality. Your interview with your mother was very interesting and well organized. I believe that this is a nice mother and daughter bond. I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home