Monday, March 03, 2008

My housemother


Actually,my housemother is my first American friend. I think there is fate between my housemother and me because I am from foreign country. She takes care of me a lot. I can learn something from her, and I really enjoy staying with her.

我的屋主是我的第一个美国朋友,我觉得我们之间很有缘分。由于我来自外国, 她对我很照顾,我能从她那里学到很多东西, 我很喜欢和她再一起。

1. Q: Could you tell me something about your life right now?

R: well, I take care of three family members who have special needs. Because I don't retirement, I have to work until I can't work anymore. I take them to doctor appointment. I help them with shopping, and I help them keep their apartment clean. We do family things together on holiday, We go outside eat together. Even though I take care of them a lot, I feel it is my responsibility. Because I have roommates from foreign countries. It is interesting part of my life. I can learn a lot from them, and I am able to show those students things about my country. Once I had one time marriage, I got marriage at 24 age. We live upper part of new york state. We lived in the country, and it is very small town. Because he had one time marriage, I choose to take care of his two sons. Through years, he decided he didn't love me any more. He wanted divorce. After that, I went home, and I lived with my mother. Then I with my brothers moved to California. I went to Santa Barbara Business city college. There are travel programs. But I was not able to find a job. Then I got a job in Television Station in Santa barbara. I worked there for 8 years. I was laid off. I felt depression. Then I was being personal care attendant. So that's what I do now.

问题:能告诉我关于你的生活吗?

答: 我需要照顾3个我的家人,因为他们都是特殊的病人。我要带他们看医生,陪他们逛街,打扫房间。节假日我们一起出去吃饭。也因为我有好多外国的室友,我可以 了解很多不同国家的文化,并且这也成为了我生活中很有趣的一部分。我可以告诉他们美国的风俗习惯。我有许多好朋友, 我也为他们做一些事情。

2. Q: What big experiences have you survived as a woman ?

R: um.... First, I think when I was 8 years old, my parents got divorced. It affected my whole life so that I choose a man who is emotionally unavailable. and second, it is i got divorced. well, that's kind of sad thing. But I still believe love. Then my parents' death.

问题:作为一个女人, 你的最痛苦的经历是什么?

答:第一 ,在我8岁时, 我的父母离异,这个对我人生有很大的影响。 第二,就是我个人的离异,那个使我很伤心,但是我一言相信爱情。

3. Q: In your opinion, what are some of the financial challenges that woman face?

R:I think it is not like used to be. Now women have more choices than they ever did before. Otherwise, that's still challenges. There is still sexual harassment for women. Most women still don't make as much money as men. There are a lot of single mother. they have to raise their children. also child care fee is very expensive. most single mother have to go to work, and some of them also have to go to school.

问题;以你个人的观点,女人要面对什么样的经济问题?

答;恩。。 我认为现在以不象过去了, 女人有了很多的机会和选择。但是仍然有许多的挑战对于我们。譬如, 现在的性骚扰。并且现在有许多的单亲妈妈,她们要独立抚养她们的小孩,这个是很不容易的。她们要工作赚钱,有的还要上学,对于单亲妈妈这是很难的。

All in all, i interviewed my housemother and i also learned something from her. i got better knew her. i am glad to meet her and make friends with her . whatever, this is a very nice talk with her.

总之, 这次我访问了我的屋主, 我自己从中学到了许多, 并且我也进一步的了解她了。 我很高兴能够遇到她,并且能 和她做朋友。不管怎么样, 这是一个开心的谈话。

17 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

First of all, I appreciated Hui and her hostmather's voice. But, in the introduction, I also want to see the short preview of the body, which is about what would develop. In the conclusion, I liked it, but, at the same time, I felt it is somewhat general not specific. I would like to hear her unique voice about the interview with her hostmother.
In addition, if possible, I also want to recommend to add some information about her interviewee, such as her favorite movie, book, musical, or music, as a professor commented.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger ariana said...

Hui seems so happy with her house mother.It seems Hui looks up to her and loves to just sit and talk to her.The housemother is a very driven person and has so much love to give

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I think that she was very brave to have come to another country and make a new life. And to still believe in love after a divorce.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

I think Hui is lucky to have a housemother like her. Sometimes marriages don't go so far but it's nice to hear that Hui's housemother still believes in love. As long as they both show that they care about each other the love will grow each passing day and it will be better than the last.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Heitor Oliveira said...

A lot of international people have some problem with his/her house parents, and is really important that you have this kind of relationship with your housemother, it isn't common. You must be very proud about that.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

as read your story about your hostmother, i am impress about how a great person she is, and i am also happy that you came all the way to america have had a chance to meet this kind of person who may affect your life as a good way

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jessica K said...

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your host mother and can discuss a lot of things. Sometimes people don't know a lot about a person living with them everyday until an interview like this happens. All the best!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger zhongnan said...

I really sympathize with her housemother that lot of misfortune happened to her housemother. But she still chooses to face the life strongly. With the short conversation, I know that she is a good woman that can taking care the entire students who are living with her. I hope to have a housemother like hers.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger yuan said...

I have the same experience with you, my housemother is my first friend in America.Also I have a great housemother,but the different is my housemother has a nice family,she has three cute children and a crackajack husband.So she has a happy family.In another hand,I'm very esteem your housemother,she is a strong woman,because she can face to her bad life.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger katlyn said...

I found many interesting things in this story. For example, the housemother takes care of three family members who have special needs. Because she won’t retire, she will have to work until she can’t anymore. She takes them to doctor’s appointments, helps them with shopping, and helps them keep their apartments clean. She moved to
California and got a job in a television station in Santa Barbara and worked there for 8 years. She was laid off and felt very depressed. Now, she is a personal care attendant.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger jessica said...

your looks very happy to live with her homemother. from the photo, i can feel you are happiness from your smile. the interview shows your home mother's life was a little hard but happy. please keep touch with your home mother
i am your first friend since you came to Santa Barbara,i think you know who i am.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Yibo said...

A woman who live alone was really hard, especially she also needed to look after others.She needed to face a lot of difficulties in life.I hope the fate can take care of her.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Daniel Silva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger yulin said...

a girl who is a international student and study in America. a woman who is a president in Santa Barbara. they met each other, they care each other.the woman has a very sad childhood. her parents are device when she is a eight years old. she give the girl so many care and she is same a mother for this girl.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Daniel Silva said...

Hui learned so many new thing with her housemother since the first time she started living with her. After all she still believe in love after she got divorce. WOW!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Julio said...

Well shes a really strong person because of what she went through in her young years and fought through it and now shes happy with her life and that what all matters and i think that she can be a person that someone can look up too and to talk to.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger kfow said...

i really like this story, it is very touching. I am glad that she is happy with her house mother. I give props to the house mother for being so strong and helping out in a positive way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home